Nuffnang ad

Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Last Concert Ticket Cost PhP 700

So, you can just imagine how stunned I was to hear that for the one-night-only concert of singer, dancer and actress (and some time American Idol judge) Jennifer Lopez in Manila, it would cost at least PhP 2,590.00 (roughly $61) just to get in the door - the General Admission price.

She must be worth it - the VIP seats are sold out.
(Courtesy of mtv.com)

I actually saw the ad on TV and I had to blink a few times to check if I was seeing correctly: prime seats to her concert (VIP) would put you out by PhP 25,840.00! That's more than $600! (I initially posted this in my Facebook status, and I was heartened to hear that even for people in the USA, they found the price outrageous.) And when I checked a website to see the prices (I like to research first before I post anything on my blog), I was even more stunned to see that this section was already Sold Out.

Are you sure we should still classify ourselves a Third World country?

For a complete listing of prices, here is the poster I found from the Philippine Concerts website.

My reaction to the prices: Wow.
(Courtesy of www.philippineconcerts.com/foreign/jennifer-lopez-live-in-manila/)

As my post title suggests, it must have been quite some time from the last concert that I attended. I remember feeling quite guilty for spending PhP 750 on a concert, something my mom would call a "waste of money" especially if you could just purchase it online. (Of course, when she said that, we still had casette tapes. Look it up, kids.)

If you have the money to burn - the 25k seats being sold out indicates there are people who can - I will say the same thing I say to people who get face lifts: more power to you, I hope it gives you some measure of satisfaction. 

I have to say it again: Wow for a 25k ticket. Just...wow.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hehe Sold out na ang 25k section, so it looks like she has all the good luck you wished her :)

      Delete
  2. OA for me. If it were Madonna however, I would understand. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Let's hope she does it before she goes on Medicare :)

      Delete
  3. The price is ridiculous. But you know what? This JLo show was voted the best foreign concert of 2012.

    I am a concert-fanatic (given that I support music piracy, my only way to give back to these musicians is to actually pay to see them live), but 25k is just too much. The producers (and JLo herself) must be evil-laughing after the concert...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the painful part: a friend who lives in Hong Kong just told me that J.Lo performed the same exact concert there, equivalent price in pesos for front row seats: 8,000 pesos only. (I use the word only relatively, because 8k by itself is something I don't just throw away.)

      Apparently, the taxes and fees for performing here are too much, and of course, it's the consumer that pays for all of it.

      Delete